Every day is a great day to shop on Amazon, but there are always better days, and these days are the huge promotional days, the days of high market profit. These days are a part of the amazon deals calendar, a highly anticipated season for marketers and sales companies.
Proper knowledge of when these deal days are, what they entail, and how to make the most of them is a dream come through for any online marketer/seller and brand owner.
What is Amazon Deals Calendar?
Whether you are new to online shopping as a marketer or a full-time online veteran and sales guru, you must have heard of the Amazon deals calendar. If you haven’t and you are wondering what it is, the answer is simple.
Amazon deals calendar is a calendar that highlights specific and special shopping events tagged Amazon festivals that include promotions and deals with extra merchandising which are promoted through email campaigns and other marketing methods.
The calendar highlights special seasonal occasions, days, or months that are commonly celebrated, like New year’s day, Super Bowl, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s day, and so on.
These occasions are then dedicated to an increased sale of merchandise from and outside Amazon stocks that are related to the seasons at promotional rates.
The main plus of the Amazon deals calendar is that any supplier or seller can join to make as much profit as possible.
With proper planning and preparation for any of the popular Amazon special dates and seasons, you can make a huge turnover and also expand your company or market’s publicity and visibility.
A Summary of Amazon’s Deals Calendar and Product Niche
In summary, the Amazon deals calendar is a special promotional and sales calendar devised by Amazon to bring products and special deals to the public while creating opportunities for brand owners to showcase their products, increase the market visibility of their products, and also make mega sales of these products.
The calendar runs from January all through till December, with some occasions being one month based while others Span for 3-4 months.
Before these days, there is a massive outreach on the part of Amazon to its users through email adverts and campaigns, and also through other marketing means, all this is done in a bid to ensure a massive turnout of buyers for the advertised products.
Below is a rundown of the different Amazon festivals and deal’s days from the beginning of the year till the end.
|January||New Year, New You; Super Bowl|
|January – February||Valentine’s Day|
|February – March||St Patrick’s Day|
|March – April||April Fool’s Day, Spring Event, Easter|
|April – May||Mother’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, Easter|
|May – June||Graduation, Father’s Day, Summer|
|June – July||Fourth of July, Summer|
|July – August||Back to School, Summer|
|August – September||Labor Day, Back to School|
|September – October||Halloween|
|October – November||Holiday Toy List|
|November – December||Cyber Monday Deals, Holiday Toy List, Electronics Gift Guide, Black Friday deals|
|December||Year-End Deals, Holiday Toy List, Electronics Gift Guide, 12 Days of Deal|
Festivities and deals days like Prime Day, Cyber Monday Deals and Black Friday Deals are some of the most celebrated and most highly anticipated of the entire deals and festivities and are considered to be the special promotions days.
For each of the above-mentioned Amazon festivals and Deal’s day, there are hot-selling products or categories of products which are products mostly associated with such festivities. Some of these include:
January – February: Valentine’s Day
- Hot selling categories: Beauty and Personal Care, women’s Fashion, Men’s Fashion, etc
- Product suggestions: Skin-related products (for example makeup, skincare, fragrances, etc), Female related products (for example jewelry, handbags, clothing, shoes, etc), Male related products (for example clothing, shoes, accessories, etc), chocolates, stuffed animals, etc.
February – March: St. Patrick’s Day
- Hot-selling categories: Home & Kitchen, Garden, and Outdoor, Toys and Games, Women’s Fashion, Men’s Fashion, etc.
- Product suggestions: Home decor (for example four-leaved clovers decorations, Leprechaun decorations, Green decorations, etc), Women’s clothing and accessories (for example
March: March Madness
- Hot-selling categories: Men’s and Women’s Fashion, Sports and Outdoors, Home and Kitchen, Garden and Outdoor, etc.
- Product suggestions: Sporting products (for example jerseys, customized T-shirts, basketballs, etc), Home decorations and items (for example customized March Madness mug cups, hot and cold water steel containers, basketball party decorations, etc) Garden tools, and decorations.
March – April: April Fool’s Day, Spring Event and Easter festival
- Hot-selling categories: Toys & Games, Home and Kitchen, Health and Household, Home and Kitchen, Garden and Outdoor, etc
- Product suggestions: Pranking materials (for example prank toys, customized T-shirts, etc), Spring decorations and items (for example floral table covers, artificial flowers, etc), Easter-themed decorations (for example bunny-themed items, plastic bags, soft party gifts, etc.)
April: Easter festival
- Hot-selling categories: Home & Kitchen, Toys & Games, Garden & Outdoor
- Product suggestions: Easter-related products, religious supplies, home decorations (for example candies, plastic eggs, bunny-themed items, Easter-themed decorations, soft party gifts, etc.), gardening products, outdoor supplies.
May: Memorial Day
- Hot-selling categories: Home and Kitchen,
- Product suggestions: Memorial day household items (for example Memorial day shower curtain, decorations, throw pillows, etc.)
May – June: Graduation, Father’s Day, Summer
- Hot-selling products: Home and kitchen, Women’s and Men’s Fashion, Electronics, Health and Household, etc.
- Product suggestion: Decoration items (for example, graduation-themed decorative items, graduation-themed party supplies, etc), Clothing pieces, shoes and accessories (for example customized T-shirts, shoes, etc), Electronic appliances (for example, phones, laptops, etc)
June – July – Fourth of July, Summer
- Hot-selling products: Home and kitchen, Women’s and Men’s Fashion, Health and Household, Toys and Games, Garden and outdoor
- Product suggestions: Decoration items (Fourth of July-themed decorative items, summer-themed decorative items, etc.) Fashion items (clothing, summer shoes, etc), Summer protection items (for example, sunscreens, perfumes, body sprays, etc.)
July: Prime Day
- Hot-selling categories: Electronics, Health and Household, Home and Kitchen
- Product suggestions: Gadgets (for example phones, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle unlimited membership, etc) Health and household items (for example personal water filter, dental products, etc), Home appliances.
July – August: Back to school, Summer
- Hot-selling categories: Industrial and Scientific, Office and School supplies,
- Product suggestions: Janitorial supplies, science supplies, School supplies (for example, notebooks, classroom decorations, planners, etc.) Summer items (clothing pieces, summer protection items, etc)
- Hot-selling categories: Home and Kitchen, Health and Household, Electronics, Garden and Outdoor , Men’s and Women’s Fashion.
- Product suggestions: Health-care products (for example sunscreens, body sprays, etc) Clothing items, outdoor items.
August – September: Labor Day, Back to School
- Hot-selling categories: Health and Household, Home and Kitchen, Men’s and Women’s fashion, Office and School supplies.
- Product suggestions: Health-related products, Home appliances and decorations, fashion wears and accessories, office supplies.
September – October: Halloween
- Hot-selling categories: Home and Kitchen, Toys and Games, Arts and Craft, Health and Household, Tool and Home improvement
- Product suggestions: Halloween-themed decorative items, Themed outfits, Materials for costumes, etc.
October – November: Holiday Toy List
- Hot-selling categories: Toys and Games, Arts and Craft, Home and Kitchen, Office and School Supplies, Health and Household.
- Product suggestions: Children’s toys, Craft materials, home, and kitchen appliances.
November: Black Friday Deals
- Hot-selling categories: Electronics, Luggage, Women’s Fashion (for example shoes, jewelry, handbags, clothing, etc.), Men’s Fashion, Girls’ Fashion, Boy’s Fashion, Tools & Home Improvement (for example Electrical, Safety & Security, etc.), Health and Household (for example Vitamin and Dietary supplements, Wellness and Relaxation, Oral Care, etc.)
- Product suggestions: Fashion-related and travel-related products (for example, pieces of jewelry, travel bags, sleeping bags, etc) health-related products, electrical appliances.
December: 12 Days of Deal
- Hot-selling categories: Home and Kitchen, Health and Household, Clothing Shoes and Jewelry, Tools and Home Improvement, Electronics, Luggage
- Product suggestions: Home gadgets, Household decorations for the new year, clothing items, shoes and jewelry, traveling bags and items.
How Sellers Can Make The Most Out of The Calendar
Asides from being a great calendar for shoppers, it is, more importantly, a great calendar for brand owners, marketers, and sellers the world over.
This is because the basic idea behind the Amazon deals calendar is to increase sales and publicity for the brands and their products.
Beyond that, the deals calendar is another way of making buyers rush out in their thousands to the online and physical stores for the promises of more products at lesser or cheaper rates.
You may be interested in: Comprehensive Guide to Selling Trending Products on Amazon
What are the Pros and Cons of a Hot Shopping Season?
As a major marketing operation, the Amazon deals calendar comes with its pros and cons for shoppers and more importantly for brand owners, marketers and sellers, and here are some of them.
How Can Sellers Prepare for the Deal Calendar?
For sellers, marketers, and brand owners who know the vital role the deals calendar plays in profit-making, preparing ahead of the deals calendar is a way to ensure that they can meet up with the hot shopping seasons and make the best of it.
To do so, here are some guiding steps to direct and prepare them.
1. Set up Lightning deals
What are lightning deals you ask, well, lightning deals are short-time promotional deals made available on Amazon.
Like the name implies they are lightning deals, quick deals that last for about 4-6 hours on the Amazon page before they disappear.
For sellers who wish to include their products in the lightning deals list, there is the need to know if their products are eligible, and to do so, a quick visit to the Amazon Lightening deal dashboard would inform the brand owners more.
The lightning deals dashboard displays a couple of criteria which include:
- Product variation: in terms of size, color, style, etc.
- Product reviews: the higher the reviews on the product, the more eligible it is; Amazon requires the product to have at least a 3-star rating
- Category: products are checked based on categories to determine eligibility, for instance, products deemed offensive or inappropriate is not eligible, these include the likes of adult products, e-cigarettes, and so on.
- Fulfillment method: Lightning deals must be Prime eligible, and this could be either via Merchant-Fulfilled Prime or through enrollment in Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA).
2. Have an appropriate inventory
While setting the lightning deal, it is also important to have enough inventory to fulfill all the orders and to meet up with the information put out on the lightning deal form.
The higher your inventory, the higher the chances of your products being put out in the merchandising and marketing emails and adverts.
Make sure you have a standard amount of inventory that will meet up the demand but won’t put you through the risk of having excess products after the deal is over.
Make a smart plan of your inventory skim, focusing on what the adequate quantity should be.
3. Focus on promoting relevant products
As earlier mentioned, every season of the deals calendar has corresponding product types that are most significant at such periods.
Once you decide to undertake the journey of using the Amazon deals calendar, keep in mind that not all of your products would be needed.
Instead, focus on getting and preparing the relevant products that match the season and festival and put those out for the various deals.
4. Make use of Enhanced Brand Content
With Enhanced Brand Content, there is a higher probability of having a larger customer engagement, sales increase, and better conversion rates. Engaging this method with your lightning deals is a great way to get all that.
With it, you can give customers a more personalized feel and interaction with the product profile page leading to greater reviews and many other perks that come with it.
5. Grow Product Reviews
Before signing up for the lightning deals on Amazon, find ways to improve and grow your product reviews to increase your product’s eligibility on the lightning deal sites.
You can employ various PR means like emails, messaging, and other means to get clients to drop reviews for every product purchased.
That way you get enough product reviews ready for your product listing to push you through the eligibility check and get your product into the deals calendar.
For brand owners, sellers, and marketers wishing to increase their profit turn over and overall product and brand awareness, subscribing and following up with the Amazon deals calendar is a great way to ensure all-year-round sales in the most effective way possible.
With the tips mentioned above, you can take active steps towards preparing for the seasons of the deals calendar and ensure that you make enough profit on a monthly and of course yearly basis.